- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Employee Defection Litigation
- Employment Discrimination Law
- Construction Litigation
- Outside General Counsel Services
- Product Liability Litigation
Mr. Weston has experience providing clients with robust advocacy and reliable representation, primarily in the context of civil litigation. He has represented a wide range of clients—including national business entities, small businesses and their owners, and individual litigants—in myriad matters. Regardless of the client or dispute, Mr. Weston prides himself on serving as a thorough and mindful advocate for each client’s individual goals and needs.
Mr. Weston focuses his practice on representing clients in business disputes, construction disputes, and employment matters. In business disputes, Mr. Weston regularly represents clients in claims ranging from simple breach of contract actions to complex unfair and deceptive trade practice actions. In construction disputes, Mr. Weston represents clients from all levels and types of construction—from national design professionals to local subcontractors and property owners. And in employment disputes, Mr. Weston represents employers and employees in claims ranging from non-compete violations and misappropriation of trade secret actions to employment discrimination matters . Mr. Weston has represented these clients in state and federal courts across the country.
In addition to practicing as a litigator, Mr. Weston counsels businesses and individuals on the front-end, with the goal of avoiding disputes on the back-end. This guidance includes providing outside general counsel services to small businesses, as well as drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts for businesses and individuals.
In 2020, Mr. Weston was honored to be named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in the area of North Carolina business litigation.
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Juris Doctor – 05/2014
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: The Order of Barristers; ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition; UC Davis Asylum and Refugee Law National Moot Court Competition
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts – 05/2010
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Political Science
- Major: History
- Strauch Green & Mistretta, P.C., 2014 – 2017
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina