Affordable Legal Counsel For Your Small Or Mid-Sized Business
At Meynardie & Nanney, PLLC, we provide experienced business counsel and representation for small business owners and entrepreneurs throughout North Carolina. Not only do we have more than 60 years of experience in business law, we are small business owners ourselves and understand the challenges you face each day.
Whether you need advice on limited liability companies or the best way to protect your trade name or trade secrets, Meynardie & Nanney, PLLC, can help. We offer risk avoidance, risk management and claims resolution services, so you can focus on growing your business. We also offer business litigation services ranging from collection of receivables to complex contract disputes and trademark and trade secret litigation.
We believe as a small business owner, you need business and legal advice throughout the life cycle of your business, not just when problems arise. We also acknowledge the primary impediment to accessing legal services is the way in which legal services are priced. Meynardie & Nanney offers a flexible and creative package for small businesses to access the business legal services they need to grow.
We understand business and seek to understand yours so we can help you achieve success while eliminating the legal risks inherent with being a business owner. For more information on our small business legal services, please contact Meynardie & Nanney, PLLC directly at 919-786-2504.
Fixed Fee Pricing
For a fixed monthly or annual fee, you receive access to wide range of general business advice and legal documentation. We believe the cost of our services should encourage you to seek our counsel versus only calling us when you have a problem. We are one of the only firms in North Carolina offering these creative and cost-effective services to business owners. We have seen that the greatest impediment to small businesses receiving the legal advice they need is the fear of receiving a large bill based upon an hourly rate for every phone call or conversation they have with their attorney.
Our outsourced general counsel services are tailored to your needs and depending on your needs may include:
- Business audit – Before we get started, we conduct a thorough analysis of your business and employment and other operational practices.
- Management committee – We participate on your management committee as its general counsel; as if we were in the office down the hall.
- Business formation and choice of entity – We review your best options, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs and LLPs, S corporations, C corporations, and out-of-state corporations.
- Protecting company assets – This includes tangibles (equipment and inventory) and intangibles (such as trade secrets, trademarks and tradenames).
- Securing personal assets – As a business owner, it’s likely you have put personal assets on the line in order to invest in your business. We help you minimize the personal risk associated with growing your business.
- Contract drafting and review – This includes by-laws, buy-sell agreements, business contracts, partnership and operating agreements, leases, and employment contracts.
- Insurance advisement – We conduct an audit of current insurance policies and provide a unbiased view and sound recommendations.
- Business litigation – If needed, we will help you exhaust every alternative leading up to litigation. Note: if a matter proceeds to litigation, the case will require a separate engagement to be discussed and refined with you before any action is taken.
- Collections – Initiating creditor actions on defaulted or delinquent accounts and disputes over nonpayment.
- Government regulations – These vary widely from industry to industry. We keep our finger on the pulse of the regulations and statutes governing your business to ensure compliance.
- Customization for your business – Our small business advisory work is focused on providing legal advice tailored to your particular needs, with the goal of helping you drive business growth and achieve success. We focus on the legal issues so you can focus on running your company.
Client: Small-business owner
Issue: Need for new capital while retaining control of the business
Our Approach: We worked collaboratively with all parties to achieve the client’s goal: obtaining new investment money without giving up control of the company.
Resolution: We structured the transaction to the benefit of all involved; a win-win.
Client: Small franchisor
Issue: Development of franchise program to expand the business
Our Approach: We worked with the client to develop the goals, objectives, and educational materials needed for a successful franchise program. We prepared franchise agreements that protected our client’s brand and allowed the client to maintain control to ensure franchisees lived up to the client’s expectations for quality and service.
Resolution: Client successfully opened multiple franchise locations.